What Our Clients Say
Select a team member to view their testimonials.
- Kris was very easy to work with, knowledgeable and friendly. She has a calm, reassuring presence that is helpful in the ups and downs of buying a house. Kris was especially good at responding to questions right away and being very thorough in her communication with me and the other parties involved. I would highly recommend her as an agent, and we are very happy with our purchase.
- As first time homebuyers, the support and guidance Erica gave us was invaluable. She listened to what we wanted. She made herself available around our schedules. And she offered us not only the wisdom of an experienced broker, but also of a homeowner with deep roots in the Oak Park community. She never got impatient with us when we asked many (probably too many!) questions or hesitated. If we ever have to sell, we won't think twice about calling her to list our property.
—Mara & Nate Block
- We really appreciated the personal attention we received from Lola while our house was on the market. She made the process as painless as possible. We were also impressed by Lola's negotiation skills - she is kind, prepared, and persuasive. She sold our house in 45 days! Lola is someone we would highly recommend to others.
—Allison and Peter Case, Oak Park
- Kris really persevered working with me. She helped me get the place I wanted and was excellent with follow up.
- Cynthia is so kind and pleasant to be around and, obviously, has great experience. She did her research and really helped us talk through our decision. In hindsight, one of the reasons Cynthia was such a good fit for us is because of her ability to give you her professional opinion in a subtle way that helps a buyer feel comfortable in the decision making process. I immediately got the sense that she really cared that we found exactly what we were looking for in a home. I distinctly remember walking into what is now our home and turning to her and saying "this is the best we've seen" and she just nodded and said "yes." Cynthia confirmed what I felt and knew it was the right house for us, too.
We would absolutely recommend Cynthia or Beyond Properties to our friends and family.
—Mayra Bacik, Riverside IL
- Cynthia brings a enviable combination of a knowledgeable Real Estate agent who excels in her trade and understands her territory as well as an accomplished artist (a pro-photographer) whose insights and vision for the potential, design, and decor of properties are indispensable in making purchasing decisions. Besides these professional characteristics, Cynthia is the most affable person to work with - soft-spoken and trustworthy yet fair and tough (if needed) in negotiations on behalf of her clients. I would recommend Cynthia to anyone as a RE agent (or just as the friendliest person one might want to find to know.)
—Reafllc Client, Buyer
- Erica is an amazing real estate agent - she and those on her team that I've worked with are truly top notch, very friendly, reachable, and service-oriented. Her / their knowledge about the market, pricing and communities is a real plus to anyone looking to buy or sell. Through Erica's firm, I have bought a home and rented out another house that I already owned. The very first home that I bought, I had used another firm - I did not know about Erica at the time - and using that other firm was a huge mistake. That agent's firm was also representing the seller but never disclosed that to me (!) and that agent actually lied about why the property was being sold, so I believe I did not get the best deal or have that firm 'really' working in my best interest on that deal. That definitely wasn't the case with Erica and her team when I bought my home with their help. They don't double represent properties, so clients can know for sure that Erica and her team are always working in the client's best interest. I think that's extremely important, along with her immense knowledge about all things real estate. She and her team are the agents I trust and will go back to in a heartbeat for any future real estate needs.
- Erica was very quick to help us purchase our first home, and always had our best interests at heart, not afraid to shoo us away from a home that wasn't in great shape or a great place. She was always available to answer questions, and made the whole process a breeze. We love our new home, and would gladly recommend Erica to anyone. Perhaps even... to you!!
- We loved our experience with Cynthia. We started looking for a home with her over a year ago. Not only was she patient with us but she was always responsive, timely, and always had our best interest at heart. She is very knowledgeable about homes and as we would walk through them she always noticed things that we never would have seen.
She did an amazing job. I already recommended her to friends of mine from Evanston that are looking to buy a home.
- We turned to Erica after our Bucktown property went unsold for nine months. Within one month she repositioned the marketing and sold the property at the price we hoped for. Erica managed the entire sale and made the experience very straightforward.
—Simon and John
- I highly recommend Erica, she is professional, diplomatic, and knowledgeable. She guided us through the challenge of selling our home in an unstable market, and negotiated a great deal on our behalf. She gained our trust with her calm manner, thorough research and integrity. I wouldn't walk into any real estate deal without her.
- Kris was very professional and extremely knowledgeable. She responded quickly to any inquiries and really knew the area. She provided valuable information that helped immensely. She also connected us with resources we didn't know existed.
- Erica has the utmost skills in both purchases and sales. She is knowledgeable in all facets of real estate, has experienced a multitude of issues on transactions and has the highest level of professionalism in all facets of negotiations of the closing and pre-closing process. What makes Erica unique is her level of ethics and professionalism when representing her clients. She goes above and beyond the normal realm of a real estate agent.
- I was referred to Lola by a friend. My overall experience purchasing a home with Lola was great. She made the process very easy and stress free. She was very accommodative to my schedule and made herself available when I needed her. I would most definitely work with her again and recommend her to friends and family.
- I had a great experience with Richard finding my house. I had a great time working with Richard and I feel like he really was an upstanding realtor. He was helpful, honest and willing to go that extra mile every time. It was a really great experience and I can say I have no complaints at all. I really feel that Richard did an expert matchmaking job for me and my house and I am super super happy in it. The experience went very smoothly and I feel like Richard absorbed many of the road bumps on my behalf. I would without question recommend Richard to anyone I know.
- If any client could put Erica to the test, it would be us. My wife, two kids and I spent months trying to sell our home in Virginia, while also looking for a home in the suburbs of Chicago. Erica has the amazing ability to make you feel like you are her only client. She unselfishly works night and day to help you find your dream home, negotiate the price, secure a loan, and close knowing you've gotten the best deal possible. She made what I thought would be an overwhelming process, an absolute breeze. I would recommend her to anyone, except my worst enemy.
- Stacey was a pleasure to work with. She stayed on top of the details, timing and conditions of the transaction and worked with me to close a particularly challenging transaction. While we both had our clients' best interest in mind, Stacey was a great partner in keeping the transaction moving forward, keeping the lines of communication open and reaching mutually beneficial goals for both the buyers and sellers. I know what to expect now when working with Stacey and it is all positive.
- I am very pleased that I referred Elissa to Erica Cuneen at Beyond Properties She has been wanting to move back to Wisconsin for a few years now. I received this email from her:
"I wanted to thank you for recommending Erica Cuneen. She and her company were extremely helpful. I rented my place today, was hired to work in Wisconsin today and will be moving back this Sunday!”
It is so good to have professionals to recommend that I trust will take good care of my clients. It reflects well on Beyond Properties, but also on me and my business. Thanks!
- Erica helped us buy a home in Oak Park, IL. She was a great help and comfort as we relocated from Florida. We were overwhelmed with the real estate market in the area and Erica patiently and competently walked us through the process. Her knowledge of the neighborhoods and willingness to listen to our needs allowed us to find the perfect home. When we finally decided on a house, Erica was able to negotiate a price that was much lower than listing. We were amazed at her willingness to advocate for us! She guided us through the inspection and closing and her advice was always helpful and spot on. I highly recommend Erica and would not hesitate a moment to use her talents again should we decide to move.
- We recently had a 1031 exchange to deal with and we worked very closely with Erica. We found her to be a dedicated, hard working person, totally committed to the task at hand. She followed up on every request and attended to the smallest detail with professionalism and speed. We knew what we were looking for, and she helped us to expedite the search within the given time frame. We will surely use her again when the time arises.
- I would highly recommend Kris, as she is an extremely personable and knowledgeable broker. She is very timely in answering any questions I have, and providing pertinent information when needed. She manages to make the difficult job of house hunting an enjoyable experience.
- Cynthia was extremely professional. She educated us and gave us the tools to find a property that fit our needs. Her knowledge of the community and the nuances of local housing styles was an incredible asset to the process.
The referral list and information packet provided by Beyond Properties was very helpful. The checklists provided in the information packet were helpful resources. I referred to them several times as we moved through the process of securing our home loan and setting up various services for our home. There were so many details to consider and it was very helpful to have a clear and concise guide.
We would absolutely refer Cynthia to our friends and family!
—Nicole & Louis Rivera
- We loved working with Susan. She is a very thorough and knowledgeable broker. Susan worked with us for about a year, taking us to countless properties. She was extremely patient with us as we waited for our condo in the city to sell and as we tried to figure out where we wanted to live.
I am sure that Susan spent more time with us than her average buyer, but never once did I feel that she was getting impatient with us. She was always extremely pleasant, positive and professional.
- Susan got me a great house at a great price. I'm not the best at following up on things right away, but Susan helped keep me on a proper pace. I would absolutely recommend her and Beyond Properties to friends and family.
- Erica is a delight to work with. She helps eliminate the frustration from real estate transactions and is very well connected to what is going on in the market. She helped us find the exact house we needed in Oak Park in only a few weeks.
—Kevin, Sara and William
- Erica, despite what was then a slow market, helped me to maximize the value of my sale of a multi unit building in Chicago and purchase of a multi-unit in Oak Park. She coached me through a tax deferrment available when exchanging investment properties. She also recommended a highly expert/creative mortgage broker, home inspector, real estate attorney, and insurance agent.
- As our agent in finding a home, Erica has worked within our specific (and sometimes limited) parameters, always with good humor and integrity. Throughout this process we have relied heavily on Erica's knowledge of the housing and mortgage market and her keen negotiating skills.
- I've dealt with lots of realtors. Cynthia is top shelf and I would use Cynthia again. She would be my first call.
- Erica guided us through each step of the process, even as we changed our plans. She listened and provided helpful input to help us define our needs as we prepare to be “empty nesters.” Erica was friendly, patient, hard working, honest and available. We’ll definitely work with her on our next move.
- Susan was my realtor for my recent home purchase and she skillfully guided us through a long, arduous and sometimes frustrating process to a home we love!
- Kris is a kindhearted - intelligent - detail oriented professional. She understands the nuances of the local market. Kris responded when we had the slightest needs and supported us during our complicated move. Kris was in complete partnership with us during the entire process. She is helpful beyond words!
—Heidi and Mark
- It’s hard for me to buy toothpaste, so imagine the dread I felt when my wife said it was time to buy a home. Luckily we found Erica Cuneen who effortlessly guided me through the process of one of the biggest decisions of my life. I love my house!
—Emile Jorgenson, Albany Park, Chicago
- We lived in New York, San Francisco, and Chicago. Of all these real estate markets, Susan Abbott stands heads and shoulders above our prior Realtors. She took time to listen to what we wanted. She worked with us at a pace with which we were comfortable. And she was prepared on a moments notice to show us newly listed properties. Susan's insight into what we needed and what was available in Oak Park was amazing. She respected our time by not showing us homes she knew we would not interest us. And when we finally found our current home, we knew the moment we walked in the front door that our family would live here for years. Susan Abbott did stop looking until we found the home that made us say "wow".
—Milta Hernandez & Dian Atkins
- Cynthia was great. She showed us a good range of properties in different parts of town. She was a pleasure to work with and was very patient as we had a lot happen (our daughter was born) during the process. She really was very helpful and attentive. We would recommend her and Beyond Properties to anyone looking in Oak Park. We love our new home and our new neighborhood.
- Erica took time to guide us through the process and make sure we knew what to expect every step of the way. She showed us numerous properties and took the time to help us determine exactly what we were looking for in a home. When the right home came on the market, she previewed it and took us in the first day it was listed. We ended up in a competitive bid situation but still managed to not overpay by negotiating not only price, but closing date, earnest money deposit, and finance contingency. I know that our final purchase price was not higher than all of the other bids. Having an experienced agent that understood the market and the seller's goals enabled us to get the contract. With a less experienced and less knowledgeable agent we may have lost the home or ended up paying a higher price.
- Susan helped me find a home of my dreams on a tight budget in Oak Park. She was amazingly respectful, professional, honest, and realistic. She works with an amazing network of home buying essentials from an amazing mortgage man to home repair recommendations. I couldn't be more happy.
- Claudine was able to show us properties that matched our expectations and followed up quickly and professionally with other realtors to set up showings on short notice. She had a good portfolio on hand which perfectly suited our expectations. She was also fun to be around and we had a good time.
- I used Susan Abbott from Beyond Properties when I purchased my house in Oak Park. My ex-husband is a real-estate attorney, so I know the difference between the good ones and the bad ones. Susan is one of the good ones. She was knowledgeable, helpful and conscientious. She was never pushy, but always followed my lead. She listened well in hearing my needs in order to help me find what I was looking for. Her recommendation for a mortgage broker proved that her network of people is well selected. In fact, my ex has now added that mortgage broker to his network.
—Rev. Kathy Nolte, Good Shepherd Lutheran
- My wife and I could not have had a more positive experience, than working with Susan. She is both patient and knowledgeable, and was ok holding our hands throughout the process, as we worked with her in purchasing our first home. After multiple trips out, and countless showings, Susan found us a home and worked diligently with us through the negotiation process. She knows the area, and is able to provide information about the neighborhoods at a moments notice. Unlike most of my peers experiences, Susan is truly an agent that listens to your concerns and works with her buyers (and sellers I'm sure) Toward a successful outcome. My advice: work with Susan Abbott.
—Josh and Emily Hagan
- I have bought and sold six properties in Oak Park working with Erica. She is an amazing resource of information, contacts and out of the box thinking. Most impressively, she has truly gone Above and Beyond her responsibilities as a broker/agent to see me succeed. I consider Erica a valuable part of my team and a great friend.
- We were first time home buyers when we first started working with Erica. She was very patient, took extra time to show us all the "ins and outs" of buying a home and provided support and understanding. If we ever decide to buy again or sell our current property, she is the first person we will call.
—Melissa and Kevin, Oak Park
- Erica showed me a home and I knew it should be mine. The problem was in convincing my reluctant husband. Erica was able to describe the pros and cons of the property in a way that made him feel comfortable, and I got the house of my dreams!
—Amanda Cage (Emile Jorgenson’s wife), Albany Park, Chicago
- Kris was wonderful to work with! She provided us with great listings that met our needs and requirements--everything from location, price and specifics such as size and extras the home must have. She also pre-notified us of any conditions any homes we were interested in had. This saved us from the hassle of moving forward with a home only to find out that our lender (VA loan) would not approve the purchase. She knew how valuable our time was to us. And on all our home visits, she prepared a buyer's tour for us. It was so helpful! All the information we needed was readily available, and we were able to take notes and see photos of the homes. More importantly, she was always available and responsive. My husband and I both have tight availability and she was always able to accommodate our schedules. Once, Kris even visited our apartment at 10 p.m. because that was the only time we could meet! Not to mention, she also responded to our calls and e-mails within an hour of receipt. She also gave us very useful information regarding the area, the properties we viewed and what situations to take advantage of. Kris was a wonderful buyer's agent. She made the home buying process and search very enjoyable. I would definitely recommend her to any of my friends, family or co-workers--and when we are on our next move I will be sure to reach out to her again.
- Kris is a real pro. She really helped me including setting the price, taking good pictures, scheduling the showings, smartly timed open houses, up-to-dates on the competitive environment, and finally all the details of the listing and sale. Very important to me, she was on top of all the paperwork involved with the listing and sale of the unit. Her knowledge and follow thru were particularly important since I'm an out-of-towner. Her attention to detail was truly fabulous! If I had another place to sell, I'd use her in a heartbeat. And, as a bonus, she's really nice.
—Mike & Celeste
- Over the course of our six-month short sale odyssey, Stacy was exceptional with her diligence and commitment to serving us. She knew her market incredibly well but she knew even better how to handle our concerns and worries regarding the numerous pain points that arose during the process. She was all class: considerate, intelligent, empathetic, and personable. I have recommended her to all of my friends who are in the real estate market and will continue to do so. She is truly the best advocate and counselor a person can have when it comes to buying or selling their home.