Buying a home can be one of the most exciting times of your life. A Beyond Properties agent can assist you with the process whether you are a first time home-buyer or a seasoned homeowner. Following is a checklist of points to consider throughout the buying process.
- Do you know your price range and housing budget? Your lender can help determine what you can comfortably afford. Click here for a list of our preferred lenders.
- Have you met with your lender to be pre-approved?
- Do you need to sell your current home before purchasing? Let’s talk about what your home is worth and get you moving!
We want to help you find the best property for you!
- Do you know which neighborhood or community you want to live in?
- What type of property is ideal for your lifestyle? Contemporary or traditional? Vintage or new? Loft or high-rise? Would you consider a 2-flat so others can contribute to your mortgage payment?
- Are you interested in renovating the home you purchase?
- How much space do you need? How many bedrooms? How many baths? Do you need a home office? What about parking?
- How do you commute? Do you need to be near the expressway or public transportation?
- Are there any timing issues to consider such an apartment lease or a school enrollment deadline?
Some of your Costs of Purchasing
- Property Inspection: $350-$750, depending on the size of the home
- Lender Application/Appraisal Fee: $250-$350
- Lender Underwriting Fee: $75 – $225
- Lender Processing or Administrative Fee: $150 – $200
- Attorney’s Fee: $400-$750
- Title Insurance Fees: $600 – $2500 (includes document preparation and recording fee, lender title Insurance policy fee and settlement or escrow closing fee)
- Homeowner’s Insurance: For condominium or cooperatives, property insurance is typically included in your assessment. For other properties, buyers are typically required to purchase a full year homeowner’s policy. Check with an insurance agent for more details. ($1,000-1,500)
- Revenue Transfer Stamps: Click here to see what transfer taxes cost in your community.
- IL State and County transfer stamps: $1.50/1000 of price.
Click here for a quick estimate of mortgage payments. Please verify with your lender.